[Freeswitch-users] Possible to disable core codecs?

Vitalie Colosov vetali100 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 01:12:43 MSD 2012

Lets confirm the following statements now:

1.You need OUTGOING leg to use GSM codec, right? (You wont be able to use
G729 right now as it needs the license). By OUTGOING I mean call from
FreeSWITCH to your provider, and not back.

2. If #1 is true, then inbound-codec-negotiation is not much useful at this
point. Because this setting is for INCOMING leg, and not for OUTGOING. And
even if it _might_ be using GSM for INCOMING leg, but still transcode to
the OUTGOING PCMA/PCMU by some reason (this is what we need to find out -
why).

3. Try using absolute_codec_string before bridging your call to your SIP
provider:

<action application="set" data="absolute_codec_string=GSM"/>
<action application="bridge"
data="sofia/gateway/your_provider/12345678901_example"/>

And reply back if this changes anything...

Vitalie