[Freeswitch-users] Strange DTMF Tones On Inbound Calls

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Apr 4 21:34:49 MSD 2012

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 3:25 AM, Daniel Knaggs <
Daniel.Knaggs at realitysolutions.co.uk> wrote:

>   Update, it’s happened while tracing on span 1:4 so I’ve copied the
> in-s1c4 and out-s1c4 files – trace is still running.  The call was inbound.
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> Also it appears we’re now seeing other DTMF tones in coming in as well
> (numbers when they haven’t been pressed on the remote end)…****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Which files do you want and where you want them?****
>
> **

I recommend that you open a ticket w/ Sangoma and ask them to analyze the
traces. The critical thing is to find out if these are false positives,
phantoms, or stuff actually coming down the line from the carrier. I think
Sangoma is in the best position to help.
-MC

P.S. - Regarding the footer - yes, it is annoying, but if you can't turn it
off then you can't turn it off. I recommend doing what Patrick suggests and
getting a gmail account so that you can be free of the footer spam. If you
*really* want to help us out, I'd say investigate the Mailman project and
see if it has a feature that can auto-strip the junk off of the end of an
email. :)