[Freeswitch-users] Hardware - PC vs blackbox vs server

mazilo Nabble_01394 at slickdeals.endjunk.com
Fri Sep 30 06:37:08 MSD 2011

That's is not bad especially if OP is also looking for a NAT/Firewall router.
However, I would rather spend less for a more powerful device, i.e.
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=pogoplug+pro&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=8167861145955058396&sa=X&ei=rSeFTvSeOMqgtwfX0eU8&ved=0CHAQ8wIwAg
PogoPlug Pro , etc., as my personal server to host FS + among other things.
Honestly, I don't know if debian ARM has already supported this device. That
said, the device is built on a multi-core ARM6 (PLX NAS7820) CPU with 128MB
RAM clocked @1.2GHz. This   http://archlinuxarm.org/forum ArchLinux forum
has a lot of information on how to hack this device.

Kristian Kielhofner-3 wrote:

> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UAL5AU/ref=ox_ya_os_product
>
> 680MHz CPU, 128MB RAM, 32MB flash for under $100.  It will start out
> life at my house as a router+AP but I'm sure I'll be tempted to throw
> FS on it with OpenWRT at some point...

-----
FreeSWITCH hosted on a Seagate DockStar with OpenWRT and ONLY consumes 3 Watts of electricity.