[Freeswitch-users] FsGUI.exe on windows 2003 server: no available plugin

João Mesquita jmesquita at freeswitch.org
Thu Sep 29 19:56:03 MSD 2011

FSGui was originally designed to be working as a plugin based application.
Console was one of the plugins that the application was using but my
original idea was to make it extensible and improve the plugin machinery as
we go so that we can support plugin dependencies and such. Obviously this
was a bad idea as FSGui never really went forward and the only plugin really
being requested and used is the Console. That being said, I need to
restructure the application to drop the plugin idea.

2 side effects of this description are that the first window you see is a
list of plugins detected. You necessarily need to select a plugin to run the
application. This very same dialog is using when you are in the application
and you want to change the plugin being used or start a new one. So the OK
button will quit the application if no plugin is currently running. This
could be seen as a bug because the OK button shouldn't be appearing in that
instance in the first place. Maybe a Quit button at best.

The other side effect is that I am failing to make the plugin system to work
well. So users are having trouble because the plugin search path is wrong on
some systems. I can't understand why, yet and will only know for sure when I
add internal logging to the application (which I intend to get done today).

Now, as for the error you are getting when trying to connect is because you
don't have the mod_event_socket properly configured on the FreeSWITCH you
are trying to connect to. It needs to bind to something else then localhost
and/or have the ACLs properly configured. Take a look at the wiki here:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_event_socket#Configuration

Regards,
João Mesquita