[Freeswitch-users] How to distinguish between Authenticated sip and not authenticated users

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 23:49:36 MSD 2011

This seems odd....

So you are making a global ACL to 0.0.0.0 which will let everyone in.
This takes precedence over the auth calls because you are passing the
ACL which is a means of authorization so you are never using the
actual challenge based auth at all.   Of course they will all appear
as sip_authorized=true

you do have the variable sip_acl_authed_by to tell which acl you passed.

This has come up today in irc too, its daft to try to mix authed and
non-auth calls on the same profile.
Just make your authenticated users use a dedicated profile and the
non-authenticated ones use another.

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Muhammad Naseer Bhatti
<nbhatti at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Anton,
> I tried this before and ended up in the same situation. the event
> variable_sip_authorized, for some reason always return true. What I
> did in my cause, since I am using the variable_sip_auth_username to
> match the username for my billing, this does the trick. I don't know
> if this is a bug or something, but it works this way.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 8:01 PM, Anton VG <anton.vazir at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Guys,
>>
>> trying to distinguish between authenticated SIP user and not
>> authenticated, still no luck
>>
>> I would like to allow anyone to call my FS users via SIP, so there are
>> registered users and everyone else
>>
>> so I have allowed
>>
>> <param name="auth-calls" value="true"/>
>> <param name="apply-inbound-acl" value="allow_all"/>
>>
>> acl.xml:
>>    <list name="allow_all" default="allow">
>>      <node type="allow" cidr="0.0.0.0/0"/>
>>    </list>
>> Any call passes through, by always have
>>
>> [CHANNEL_CREATE] event
>> variable_sip_authorized: true
>>
>> in event headers. But I would like to know if user is authorized or not.
>>
>> if I disable authentication by setting this to false
>>
>> <param name="auth-calls" value="false"/>
>>
>> all calls do not have any auth headers.
>>
>> Any clue?
>>

>> FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
>> http://www.freeswitch.org