[Freeswitch-users] Timeout Message or something similar

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Sep 14 00:03:14 MSD 2011

What you're trying to do is quite possible, however you need to take a
slightly different approach. The issue is that when you are continuing you
need somewhere to go. You can't have anything but a dialstring inside of
bridge, thus the "&playback" attempt won't work. Try this trick using the
"inline" dialplan:

/originate
}sofia/DOMAIN/1001
bridge:{fail_on_single_reject=true,ignore_early_media=true,originate_continue_on_timeout=true}sofia/DOMAIN/1002,playback:C:/teste2.wav
inline

Note that I moved the necessary parameters over to the b leg since that's
where you want the "continue" to happen. Remember too, that the first
argument to "originate" is a dialstring but the second argument is a
"dialplan" entry. You could just as easily do this:

originate {ringback=c:/teste.wav}sofia/DOMAIN/1001 TRY_1002 XML default

And then add this extension somewhere in default.xml or in
conf/dialplan/default/foo.xml:
<extension name="try to dial an extension">
  <condition field="destination_number" expression="^TRY_(\d+)$">
    <action application="bridge"
data="{fail_on_single_reject=true,ignore_early_media=true,originate_continue_on_timeout=true}sofia/DOMAIN/$1"/>
    <action application="playback" data="C:/teste2.wav"/>
    <action application="hangup"/>
  </condition>
</extension>

Try it out and report back to let us know that you have it all working.
-MC