[Freeswitch-users] Follow Me and Call Forwarding

Spencer Thomason spencer at 5ninesolutions.com
Sun Sep 11 08:19:06 MSD 2011

Hello all,
I'd like to implement a graphical call forwarding and follow me feature that works from hunt groups as well as a direct dial to an extension.  Currently when a user enables follow me for their extension a new dialplan entry is created with the same destination number as the extension before the local user extension which dials the extension with a bridge to user/${dialed_extension}@${domain_name}.  My hunt groups are setup with a lua script that rings the desired extensions with a long bridge statement to user/EXTENSION@${domain_name}.  Is there any way to call a user directly (i.e. using user/${dialed_extension}@${domain_name} instead of a transfer) and do some sort of call forwarding or follow me feature?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Spencer