[Freeswitch-users] Making luaSQL or Dbh working on Freeswitch installed on a Debian Linux distribution

obbyone tonybecq at yahoo.fr
Fri Sep 9 18:08:12 MSD 2011

Hye,

I have a server that works on a debian squeeze 6.0.2 Linux distribution.
On that server, since march 2011, is installed Freeswitch 1.0.6

I've just installed Debian packages for "mysql" and created a database that
works fine.
I've also installed Debian packages for "unixodbc" to be able to work on
that database via ODBC in order to access that database from
"Freeswitch.Dbh"

The command : "isql dsn_name" does connect to my database.

I have tried to install luaSQL but I don't know how to edit the "config"
file in the source directory "/usr/src/luasql-2.1.1/" in order to compile
without errors.
I've found that LUA_LIBDIR is not in /usr/local/lib/lua/5.1 but in
/usr/lib/lua/5.1
Same thing for LUA_DIR which is in /usr/share/lua/5.1
(can you confirm ?)

I don't know how to edit the lines about the MySQL Drivers :

DRIVER_LIBS= -L/usr/local/mysql/lib -lmysqlclient -lz
DRIVER_INCS= -I/usr/local/mysql/include

Odbc finds his own drivers in the directory : /usr/lib/odbc

I've heard that it could be better to use Freeswitch.Dbh instead of luaSQL
so this is not crutial but could help me to understand how all those things
work together.

My crutial questions are :

How can I test the connection from Freeswitch.Dbh to the database ?
Now that unixodbc is installed after freeswitch, do I have to re-install
freeswitch from scratch (configure, ..., make, make install, ...) in order
to have it working together?
Is this re-installation operation safe as I have created some new things in
the dialplan and the users directory of freeswitch ?

Thanks a lot.

Obbyone