[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH failover/HA

Mateusz Bartczak netcentrica at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 22:59:19 MSD 2011

Hi

I would like to implement following scenario:

1. Central SIP proxy with 1 IP address that will redirect all incoming and
outgoing SIP traffic to two SIP application servers (FreeSwitch based).
Proxy will know online/offline status of each box and route calls only to
active one. I need it as a central point because IP address is authorized
with my providers. Also providers route incoming calls to that IP address.
My providers can't automatically reroute traffic to other server, it can be
done manually but it's not fast to do.

2. Mini cluster of two FreeSwitch boxes, box 2 will be exact copy of box 1.
If box 1 fails, central server should automatically route all traffic to box
2.

Do you have any suggestions how to implement this scenario? I think that it
should be easy to do, but have no idea where to start.

Best Regards,
Mateusz