[Freeswitch-users] Calls over 3G

Anestis Mavro devel at omninet.eu
Mon Sep 5 11:34:09 MSD 2011

Hi,

I have tested G729 and iLBC and both are working even on GPRS Edge networks.

Don't forget, that many mobile operators are blocking VoIP. With one
operator we had issues on some cells. In many areas his network supported
VoIP in some other areas even the registration was not working.

And of course don't forget, that the bandwidth is shared (and limited): in
one cell you might get very good quality and in another one (or at another
time) you might get very poor quality phone calls.

Good luck

  _____