[Freeswitch-users] FXO/FXS card advice

ocset ocset at the800group.com
Thu Sep 1 19:24:32 MSD 2011

Hi

As a new member of the forum, I am curious to know your experience with
FXO/FXS cards.

I have a SPA3102 and have configured it to work with FS, but it feels a
bit like I am trying to make a square peg fit a round hole. I am hoping
to implement FS at a business which currently has 4 POTS lines and would
prefer to use an internal IDE card for the job of integrating these
phone lines into FreeSwitch.

Has anyone got some advice on which cards I should be looking at that
just "work" with FS? What about echo cancellation - is that something I
should just cater for or does it depend on the client situation? What
about software cancellation?

This seems like one of those times when too much choice is a bad thing
and I need some guidance on what has worked for you.

All advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards