[Freeswitch-users] Yealink t28p setup - please help

ocset ocset at the800group.com
Thu Sep 1 13:54:29 MSD 2011

Hi All

I am new to FreeSwitch and this is my first post on this forum/mailing-list.

I have a default install of FS on Ubuntu 10.10 and have two Yealink T28P
phones. I am trying to understand the best way to config these phones
for FS. What I am fighting with at the moment is that if I assign the
same extension to both phones, only one phone will ring when the shared
extension is called.

The phones have the option to assign 6 SIP accounts/extensions and this
is my current test config.

Phone 1
ext 1001
ext 1010
ext 1011

Phone 2
ext 1002
ext 1010
ext 1011

My thinking behind this is that I want to assign a POST line to the 1010
extension (using an SPA3102)  and a VOIP line to the 1011 extension.
That way, when an external call comes in on one of those lines, all
parties have the option to pick up the call. What I have found however
is that only one of the phones rings and is able to answer the 1010 and
1011 extensions. Is this expected behaviour? Should I be doing this
another way?

I am very new to VOIP, Freeswitch etc so my terminology may be wrong -
hopefully you understand my explanation.

Thanks in advance