[Freeswitch-users] Investigating build testing for FreeSWITCH

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Sep 1 04:46:29 MSD 2011

Hey all,

On today's conference call someone pointed out that there is a utility
called BuildBot that helps to automate testing of new commits to git, svn,
etc. You can find it at buildbot.net. The catch: it's written in Python.
(blech)

I tried to build it on 3 different systems and I get 3 different
undecipherable Python-ish errors. (Stuff like syntax errors during the build
or syntax errors in twstd while it's running, dependency mismatches for
python-virtualenv, etc.) If you have a system that can test this out, and
you can stand to use Python this much (:D) then please try out the steps
outlined here:

http://buildbot.net/buildbot/docs/current/tutorial/firstrun.html

Supposedly this thing will let us run multiple tests on multiple boxes and
aggregate the results. I'll believe it when I see it. :) If you get this
working please let me know. Also, if you can set up a test platform that
would also be helpful. Ideally we would have multiple Linuxes, OS X,
Windows, etc. and test on all these platforms. Let me know what you come up
with.

Thanks,
Michael