[Freeswitch-users] incomplete metaswitch voicemail configuration

Dean Johnson dmj at azteknetworks.com
Wed Oct 26 21:51:19 MSD 2011

When the Metaswitch tries to forward a call to the freeswitch, it gets back a 480. and the freeswitch log shows that it breaks off its side.

We have been following the http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FreeSwitch_MetaSwitch_HowTo with the idea of setting up freeswitch in our test lab to be a voicemail application server for our Metaswitch 2510.

We successfully compiled, installed and are running freeswitch on Centos6.
Voiper can call and leave voicemail, as well as go retreive the voicemail.
The Metaswitch 2510 and freeswitch "see" each other without error messages.
We are new to freeswitch and are wondering if we have left out some configuration that assigns freeswitch a correct telephone number or range of numbers that it can service for voicemail.

What information can I provide so I can learn what I have omitted?

Dean Johnson