[Freeswitch-users] High load on database server

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 20:12:52 MSD 2011

if you have older unixodbc edit /etc/odbcinst.ini and add the param
Threading=0 to each db entry.
I like postgres better but that's mostly a personal preference from watching
both of them grow up over the years.

The only thing that crashes in ODBC is bad drivers typically.  With mysql
you often need to specify the "threadsafe" one by editing odbc.ini and
adding in the _r to the name of the mysql driver .so file.

In general postgres to me appears to care more about multithreaded
environments and with the above threading=0 change works pretty well.

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 5:40 AM, Patrick Lists <
freeswitch-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On 10/26/2011 06:49 AM, Hynek Cihlar wrote:
> >     That being said, unixODBC 2.2 will often segfault under that load, so
> be
> >     wary of that (it appears reliable up to about 300 connections, seems
> >     reliably fall over at 330).  We're in the process of testing 2.3.0
> which
> >     is reportedly better in this regard.
> >

> > This is unfortunate! I was planning to cluster several freeswitch
> > instances through the DB server. But if the unixODBC crashes under high
> > load, it is a major issue in this regard as there are not many options
> > left to implement the cluster.
>
> If you use Red Hat RHEL or CentOS and there is a crash with stock
> unixODBC (2.2) then a bug should be reported at bugzilla.redhat.com. In
> my experience such bugs do get fixed.
>
> Regards,
> Patrick