[Freeswitch-users] High load on database server

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Tue Oct 25 01:36:36 MSD 2011

Hello,

I'm having some issues with the number of queries that Freeswitch generates per-second.

Currently, I have about 160 phones registered to FS.  These are almost all behind NAT, and
all of them have to share presence (there are 2 profiles depending on which network they
are on), as well as get options pings and that sort of thing.

Database is MySQL 5.5.  I'm seeing 18 queries per second, mostly complicated internal
joins on tables like sip_dialogs and sip_subscriptions.

Freeswitch is Version 1.0.head (git-7531fed 2011-08-17 11-27-20 -0500) and hardly breaking
a sweat, while the database server is at 100% CPU load.

If I stop the internal profiles, the database server goes right back down.  When I start
up the profiles again, the load slowly climbs back up to near 100%.

The net result of this is that sofia doesn't always return it's options ping, (so other
circuits think it's down), and we get slow / no call setup.

Any suggestions as to how I can reduce this?

-Tim