[Freeswitch-users] User management

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Wed Oct 12 22:10:46 MSD 2011

You can still do that with mod_xml_curl

Freeswitch will give your server side script all the details about the
authentication so you can decide how to handle them.  This may include
checking them against a database table, or tracking statistics about
them before deciding whether or not to return credentials and allow that
client to register or authenticate.

If you really don't want to use curl and insist that it runs on the same
box, you can do something very similar with lua.  There is a way to bind
a lua script to directory lookups, so whenever a SIP auth happens, the
xml is fed to your lua script and you can make similar decisions.

I just like curl because it offloads all that onto another machine, and
it's really easy to implement in a clustered environment.

-Tim