[Freeswitch-users] Conference floor given to muted member

Duvid Rottenberg adrottenberg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 23:38:20 MSD 2011

I am setting up a conference to use for paging similar to
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Lua_Intercom and I noticed that the
first 2 seconds of audio are not being sent. After reviewing the logs
it appears that the first member to enter the conference is
automatically given the floor event thought it was entered with the
mute flag. I set it up so that the originator enters the conference
with the moderator flag and is also unmuted, however it appears that
he doesn't get the floor right away, even though he's the only unmuted
member. It takes about 2 seconds of speech for the moderator to get
the floor. I have the following settings for the conference profile I
use:

<param name="energy-level" value="0"/>
<param name="conference-flags" value="wait-mod"/>
<param name="moh-sound" value="silence"/>
<param name="moh-sound" value="silence"/>

I tried setting <param name="member-flags" value="waste"/> but it
didn't help, for now I changed it so that the moderator enters the
conference with the wast flag.

Are there any other settings I can use to either avoid giving a muted
member the floor, or to speed up the time it takes to give the floor
to the moderator?

Thank You,
Duvid Rottenberg