[Freeswitch-users] google voice connection going offline (mod_dingaling)

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 21:59:27 MSD 2011

There is no keep alive functionality in the core XMPP library we use
in the core of libdingaling (IKSEMEL)

One option would to have a NAT that doesn't disconnect active
connections just because they are idle (which seems bad to me).

Otherwise you could work on a patch, request a feature or come up with
some cron job maybe to use the chat api command to send a message to
your server from cron or something as a workaround.

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 2:18 AM, Federico Beffa <beffa at ieee.org> wrote:
> Unfortunately I was singing victory too early. My problem still persists...
>
> The git version I'm running is from the 20th of August. In the mean
> time have there been changes which could affect mod_dingaling? Looking
> in the git commit comments I have the impression that the answer is
> no.
>
> Regards,
> Fede
>
> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 9:25 AM, Federico Beffa <beffa at ieee.org> wrote:
>> Just in case someone will hit the same problem...
>>
>> After some tests, I've found that, changing "bind_server_ip" from
>> "auto" to the local IP address of the FS server (192.168.X.X), appears
>> to solve my timeout problem.  (The account did not go offline for more
>> than 12 hours.)
>>
>> To summarize my current configuration: I have a fix public IP assigned
>> to my router (NAT/Firewall). NAT is configured to forward ports 5080
>> and 5081 to the host on which FS is running and UPnP is disabled.
>>
>> I'm running a FS version checked out from git the 20th of August.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Fede
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 5:04 PM, mazilo
>> <Nabble_01394 at slickdeals.endjunk.com> wrote:
>>> The only thing I can say is to update your FS with the latest git commit.
>>>
>>> -----
>>> FreeSWITCH hosted on a Seagate DockStar with OpenWRT and ONLY consumes 3 Watts of electricity.
>>> --

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/