[Freeswitch-users] Speex Codec Settings

Stephen Dame sdame at 207me.com
Thu Nov 17 19:03:13 MSK 2011

I'm working on a radio station integration project,  using speex 16000 into
a 16000 conference with x-lite/bria and flash/red5 app.

Trying to figure out how the to change the speex codec, and change
Complexity.,Quality settings,VBR, CBR etc.

I want to run high/quality very small <5 participant, talk show conferences.

I have a client app sending qualityencode=10 to conference,  but assume its
converted to PCM, mixed with other streams and sent back out to other
participants at the freeswitch default settings.

I looked into speex source code and see some values Complexity 5, Quality 5,
VBRQuality 4, AGClevel 8000

Question:  Can I somehow pass these values into the call to setup the
highest and force CBR,  or do I need to change in codec source and
recompile?   It a dedicated server used for just this application.

Thanks in advance

Stephen