[Freeswitch-users] How to implement TTS barge-in using FS ESL

Christopher Rienzo cmrienzo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 17:48:01 MSK 2011

I'm not sure why it locks up for you.  It works for me and I know of at
least one other developer that got it all to work.

The way I do it in my custom APP is to set {start-input-timers=false} in
the speech recognition request and register an input callback function to
deal with the recognition and DTMF events.  The input callback reacts to
the start of speech and recognition complete events by stopping the
prompt.  At start of speech, the input timers are started and silence is
played until the final result arrives from the recognizer (no match, match,
etc).

An alternative way to do this is to watch for the recognition events over
ESL and react to them.