[Freeswitch-users] How to implement TTS barge-in using FS ESL

xl127 x.liu at hw.ac.uk
Fri Nov 11 21:59:53 MSK 2011

Hello,

I found this is a question that was asked before by others, but I didn't
find the answer.

Anyway, I am using FS ESL outbound mode connecting to my IVR app,  using
FS's "speak"
and "detect_speech" to access Nuance MRCP V1 server.

I want the user to be able to barge-in during the system's speaking.
How could I implement it?

I tried to specify "kill-on-barge-in=true" in the mrcp config profile.
The barge-in doesn't work.

With or without setting kill-on-barge-in, FS stops responding to my
phone call and
eventually it hangs up my call if I speak somthing (do the barge-in)
during the system's speaking.

I made a turn-by-turn loop in my app, the ASR/TTS works fine if I do not
do barge-in ( I wait until the TTS finishes then I start to speak)

Any advices please?

Thanks!
Xing

registered under charity number SC000278.

Heriot-Watt University is the Sunday Times
Scottish University of the Year 2011-2012