[Freeswitch-users] High load on database server

Cliff Wells cliff at develix.com
Thu Nov 10 18:58:59 MSK 2011

On Tue, 2011-10-25 at 11:32 -0700, Cliff Wells wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-10-25 at 17:50 +0000, Luis Jimenez wrote:
> > Hi Anthony, which db engine do you prefer, this as recommendation for us, for better performance with FS?
>
> We use PostgreSQL 8.4.  Our system currently processes around 350
> concurrent calls during peak hours and PostgreSQL barely notices (every
> call accesses the database to get the dialplan for around 5000 numbers).
> We also access the same database for CDR logging and
> application-specific data, so the number of concurrent database
> connections is actually somewhat higher than that.
>
> That being said, unixODBC 2.2 will often segfault under that load, so be
> wary of that (it appears reliable up to about 300 connections, seems to
> reliably fall over at 330).  We're in the process of testing 2.3.0 which
> is reportedly better in this regard.

Just a short follow up on the stability of unixODBC 2.3.0 vs 2.2.x.

We consistently saw segmentation faults at 330+ concurrent calls with
2.2.x.  This morning I observed one of those sames systems handling over
365 concurrent calls with 2.3.0 without crashing.  Nothing else has
changed.

Regards,
Cliff