[Freeswitch-users] One information about freeswitch:)

Jean-Yves F. Barbier 12ukwn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 17:29:26 MSK 2011

On Tue, 08 Nov 2011 15:08:33 +0100
Miha Zoubek <miha at softnet.si> wrote:

> I am just looking over Internet about freeswitch. Ok, I have read that
> is capable of 1000 simultaneous calls.
> What about references. Is it used by a lot of VOIP ISP companies? I did
> not find any reference about who is using it.

It depend on what you call 'calls' (switching calls only (huge),
calls to voicemail (less huge, of course), transcoded calls, etc).

About references, grep the archive
(http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-users/)
and you'll see that many professionals are subscribed.

I guess FS success comes from different things (among other):
* It can do the whole shebang,
* Trunk is always usable,
* The ML is very active & reactive,
* The dev team is also very reactive,
* It can be programmed w/ various languages.

My 2 ¢

PS: I'm not tied in any way to FS.
--
Love is the only game that is not called on account of darkness.
		-- M. Hirschfield