[Freeswitch-users] securing sip channel

Avi Marcus avi at avimarcus.net
Fri Nov 4 00:51:33 MSK 2011

You can use static IP instead of the password, or hard code it in addition
to the password.
But what I think you really want for the registration is "SIPS" via
TLS/SSL: http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Tls

Actually, this is only to secure it against a registration being sniffed...
which already uses a hash to not send the password in plain text (but can
still be stolen via MITM, e.g. on public wifi).

Do you just want fail2ban to prevent brute forcing the passwords?
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Fail2ban

-Avi