[Freeswitch-users] FS - DTMF and Cisco CME/UCE

Yehavi Bourvine yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com
Tue May 24 08:01:16 MSD 2011

Hello,

  I had for a long time a Cisco SIP-E1(with Q.sig) gateway which caused me
much grief with DTMF; it works partially OK with INFO but not with RFC-2833.
I filed a support call with Cisco, as its debug shows that it receives and
detects the RFC2833 but nothing is sent to the E1 side.

The last conslusion of Cisco's support is that I have to enable transcoding
but they coouldn't find how to enable it in my configuration. I now have an
Audioodes Mediant-1000 on loan which does RFC-2833 without any problems...

The only problem I've found so far with the AudioCodes is name passing via
E1/Q.sig at the ringing phase (we use it to connect our Freeswitch to our
Nortel PbX).

                        Regards, __Yehavi: