[Freeswitch-users] Faxing problems if B leg offers T.38

Rob Morin rmorin at blie-ent.com
Tue May 24 04:59:24 MSD 2011

David,

It isn’t the ATA. I’ve tried both the Grandstream HandyTone 502 and
Cisco/Linksys SPA 2102. Same story in both cases.

I had my carrier help me troubleshoot and we can see the SIP request from
the carrier come in. When T.38 is enabled, it is forwarded to the A leg, but
the response from the A leg isn’t forwarded back to the B leg. I can produce
traces that show this.

When T.38 isn’t enabled, the B leg is sending a T.38 reinvite. FS doesn’t
respond or forward it. So the connection dies.  I have every reason to
believe that I’d be able to send the fax if FS would respond with a 488
indicating T.38 is not acceptable. But instead, all I get is silence. Again,
I can produce traces that demonstrate this.

There’s another similar email  trail out there,
http://freeswitch-users.2379917.n2.nabble.com/T-38-via-UPDATE-request-td3821
994.html, but I’m not certain that they’re related.

Thank you for your help!
Rob