[Freeswitch-users] ESL: No events fired when there is error on submitted API command, like originate sofia to non-existent gateway

Anton VG anton.vazir at gmail.com
Sat May 14 21:10:57 MSD 2011

You did not understand. I INTENTIONALLY dialing the bad gateway, and
I'm looking for a proper way to determine that gateway is bad in my
ESL dialplan, by catching the proper event/reply/whatever,
And much preferably without tricks, like esl.api('sofia status gateway
GatewayWhichIsDown')

When in production, and there is more than a single route, there will
be plenty of cases, when you dial a bad gateway, so there should be a
way for ESL dialplan to determine that a gateway is not callable for a
moment, the reason WHY and  to retry with another one.

The trick above is bad, since:
1. blocking api query, before evey single gateway call attempt.
2. Gateway maybe known in UP state, but the state is stale, in dial in
fact will go to DOWN gateway. So, dialplan will screw

Possibly I should ask in DEV list...