[Freeswitch-users] Domain tag in sofia profile

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Sat May 14 04:22:17 MSD 2011

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Joseph L. Casale
<jcasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:
> I looked through the wiki but I couldn't find an explanation as to what you accomplish
> with the domain tags. When you alias a domain from the directory, what functionality
> does this provide?

The domain in the directory tells FS what domain the user belongs to.
This becomes more important as you run multiple domains on the same
server.

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/XML_User_Directory_Guide#Domains_.26_Users_Parameters

Given this xml:

<domain name="izeni.com">
  <user id="gabe">
    <params>
      <param name="password" value="blaa_blaa"/>
    </params>
  </user>
</domain>

You'll find the following:

freeswitch> domain_exists example.com
false

freeswitch> domain_exists izeni.com
true

freeswitch> user_exists id gabe example.com
false

freeswitch> user_exists id gabe izeni.com
true

freeswitch> user_exists id bill izeni.com
false

The XML could be extended to include other domains:

<domain name="izeni.com">
  <user id="gabe">
    <params>
      <param name="password" value="blaa_blaa"/>
    </params>
  </user>
</domain>
<domain name="gundy.org">
  <user id="gabe">
    <params>
      <param name="password" value="blaa_blaa"/>
    </params>
  </user>
</domain>

Being able to service unlimited domains is just another thing that
makes FreeSWITCH so sweet :)

Hope that helps.

Best,
Gabe