[Freeswitch-users] Fifo - exporting/Importing variables from A to B Leg

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Sat May 14 03:30:59 MSD 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Marc de Corny <marcdecorny at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Is it possible to export variables from the A-leg of the queue to the
> B-let of the queue? There are the export and import commands, but not sure
> if they are applicable. If I capture calls coming out of the queue with a
> loopback I could then act using the variables that have been set from the
> A-leg.

I don't know why it wouldn't be applicable, export_vars would work
whenever there is a bridge.  Also, are you sure you would need to use
a loopback?  What about transfer_after_bridge?

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Variable_transfer_after_bridge

Seems like it might be cleaner.

> 2. I'd like to send the call to the Freeswitch to play IVRs etc and then
> bridge it without the audio.  I know it can be done on a normal bridge with
> bypass_media_after_bridge, but not so sure on a fifo call.

I haven't used the fifo in a while, but again, I think it's just a
tool that eventually ends up with 2 channels being bridged.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

Best,
Gabe