[Freeswitch-users] call somebody into conference after conference established

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri May 13 11:31:21 MSD 2011

2011/5/12 fieldpeak <fieldpeak at gmail.com>

> Hi Michael,
>
> Thanks for your reply .
> Is it possible that when I press the phone number inside the conference the
> FS call the cmd api as you wrote below . Thanks.

Yes, but I highly recommend that you use the "bind_digit_application" app
instead of the caller_controls in the conference profile. This is because if
you use the caller_controls then *anyone* in the conference can do the magic
dial-out thing if they know the DTMF sequence you've assigned. By applying
bind_digit_action (BDA) items to *your* call into the conference you are the
only one who has the ability to use the magic key sequence.

Here are some tips:
#1 - look up the BDA examples on the wiki so you get an idea of how they
work
#2 - remove at least one key from the caller controls in your conference
profile. The caller control keys will hijack any BDA assignments you've
made. Personally, I like to remove the * binding in the caller controls and
then use *1, *2, etc. as the key sequences in my BDA assignments
#3 - You'll need some sort of dialog to capture the digits used to dial out.
Let's say you assign *1 as the magic key combo. When you dial *1 your BDA
should do something like execute_extension or a lua script that lets you key
in the phone number to dial out. The script (or extension) will need to
execute the conference API to perform the dial out.

You'll need to tinker around with all these pieces in order to make them
into a working app. If you run into trouble email back and maybe in my spare
time (haha) I'll write up a sample Lua script & corresponding dialplan
entry.

-MC