[Freeswitch-users] Playing remote prompts

Adam Kelloway adam.kelloway at newpace.ca
Thu May 12 16:44:58 MSD 2011

I was thinking of NFS, but was also concerned about its reliability.
Were your performance issues related to file access times? Also, if the
server was ever unavailable, it would be useful to play a default prompt
that was guaranteed to be on the local disk. Is there any existing
fail-over mechanism built into FreeSWITCH?

I hadn't heard of MooseFS, so I will look into that as well, thanks.

On 3:59 PM, Moe Navid wrote:
> We had some performance issues with NFS, we switched to MooseFS for
> voice prompts as well as recordings with very good results.
>
> On May 11, 2011, at 10:05 AM, Fernando Testa wrote:
>
>> If your files are on a remote server you can mount it locally using
>> NFS or something else.
>>
>> On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Adam Kelloway
>> <adam.kelloway at newpace.ca <mailto:adam.kelloway at newpace.ca>> wrote:
>>
>>     If I did not wish to store audio files on a FreeSWITCH host, what
>>     are my
>>     options for being able to retrieve a remote file and playing it?
>>     My understanding is that the playback application can only play a
>>     local
>>     file, is that correct?
>>     I did notice that there is a shell_stream module, which you could
>>     potentially use to retrieve a file (say, via HTTP), and provide the
>>     audio data as the output bash script output. Is there a way to do
>>     this
>>     or something similar without having to actually load another
>>     program/script?
>>
>>     Thanks,
>>
>>     Adam Kelloway

Adam Kelloway