[Freeswitch-users] database authentication

Anestis Mavro devel at omninet.eu
Thu May 12 01:57:56 MSD 2011

Hello Michel,

I would say this is one of the main features that I would expect from this
kind of system.

You might be able to find different approaches with FS.

Look here: http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_xml_curl

Basically you need a database and an http server (like Apache). FS posts a
request to the url that you set in xml_curl.conf.xml whenever it needs to
authenticate a client.

Your webpage should return the results in XML after querying the database.
It works fine and don't forget that you are able to "play" with the database
during these requests as you like.

It is not as difficult at it sounds.

Regards

Anestis