[Freeswitch-users] mod_lua play file into conference

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed May 11 09:48:07 MSD 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 11:34 PM, Josh M. Patten <jpatten at co.brazos.tx.us>wrote:

>  It seems the way this could be accomplished is to allow asynchronous
> execution capabilities in lua. However I don't think this exists.
>
> Is there a better way to "execute and forget" the conference app so the
> script can move on to the next bit of code?

Try using an API instead of messing with session:xxx and all that stuff:

api = freeswitch.API();
res = api:execute("conference",conf_name .. " play /path/to/file.wav";

conf_name is the name of the conference you are using. If you're not sure
what name you have then just start up a conference and then type "conference
list" at fs_cli and you'll see the name. You can use channel variables, etc.
if the name changes depending on the destination number.

-MC