[Freeswitch-users] Is it a good idea to deploy Freeswitch on Xen Instances/Virtual Machines?

Sidharth Kshatriya sid.kshatriya at gmail.com
Tue May 3 17:00:00 MSD 2011

Dear All,

I'm interested in installing Freeswitch on Xen servers (e.g. linode.com or
slicehost or maybe even Amazon EC2). I'll be purchasing a few SIP trunks to
my freeswitch installation and running an an IVR system there.

I'd like to know whether this is a recommended or desirable thing to do.
I've heard that the latency on Xen can be bad for "real time" applications
like IVRs. Don't want to install freeswitch on my server and later hear
choppy voice on the IVR!! :-)

Thanks,

Sidharth

--