[Freeswitch-users] Gateway with dynamic IP address

Juan Wajnerman juan.wajnerman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 17:25:40 MSD 2011

I asked this question yesterday in the IRC but I couldn't get a solution.
I'd like to have a gateway configured in FreeSwitch without specifying the static IP address.
I have this configuration:

<user id="gw">
   <gateways>
     <gateway name="gw">
       <param name="username" value="gw"/>
       <param name="password" value="password"/>
       <param name="register" value="false"/>
       <param name="extension" value="2"/>
     </gateway>
   </gateways>
   <params>
     <param name="password" value="password"/>
   </params>
   <variables>
     <variable name="user_context" value="default" />
   </variables>
 </user>

and the SIP device is registering properly, but I cannot dial with addresses like: "sofia/gateway/gw/123456789".
Note that this works if the gateway name is the IP address or host name, or if I add a "proxy" setting with the IP address.

I have a similar configuration in asterisk, where the sip.conf contains:

[gw]
type=friend
secret=password
context=default
host=dynamic

And once the gateway is registered in asterisk, I can dial with "SIP/gw/123456789".
Is there any way to make a similar configuration in FreeSwitch?

Thanks!
- Juan