[Freeswitch-users] Videos in FS questions

Seven Du dujinfang at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 11:52:13 MSD 2011

Hi,

I finally got a chance to play with videos in FS. I read some discussions of mod_fsv and mod_mp4, and I haven't try mod_mp4 but I think video passthrough is enough for me for now.

Videos in conference.

In my test video is sort of works, it seems that all parties see the video of the current speaker ( who is in control of floor). I didn't find much info about floor only in a email said it's auto selected and we have not much use about that param. So my questions are:

- is it possible to lock the video of one speaker? so it's like a broadcast conference where all seeing and listening to one speaker? I think we can get that by mute all others but it would be good if we can control

- if we can lock one speaker's video, can we manually switch to another speaker's video?

- If we could use sth. like mod_mp4, is it possible to mix videos lively? I guess it would be a performance killer.

- how to record videos in a conference? is it possible to conference xxx dial loopback/9193 to record video ? (I haven't try that).

I'd like to work on a patch to make the above work if not already supported. Also, other ideas about cool things with video in FS are welcome.

Talk to flash

I heard someone started working on a mod_fmtp like things, how's the progress? I'd like to take a look maybe I can help working on that. I now there's already some sip-flash gateways out there but seems that only adobe fms supports rtfmp:

http://askmeflash.com/article/10/comparison-wowza-vs-fms-vs-red5

Thanks,
7.

--