[Freeswitch-users] recvEvent causes zombies process

Ejay Greeves ejay.greeves at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 15:09:57 MSD 2011

I am wanting to code an inbound event program.
In order to see why I am getting zombie processes I stripped out all my code and used the minimum skeletcon code to do a test.
con = ESL::ESLconnection.new('127.0.0.1', '8021', 'ClueCon')con.events("plain", "CHANNEL_HANGUP_COMPLETE")
loop do	event = con.recvEvent		pid = fork do
	end
	Process.detach(pid)	end

This code does nothing but wait for an incoming event, creates an fork then detach however it still produces a defunct process.
I think con.recvEvent is the cause?