[Freeswitch-users] Embarrassing Question: Local extension registering in the Public context on default configuration?

A E [Gmail] all.eforums at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 02:22:40 MSD 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 6:07 PM, A E [Gmail] <all.eforums at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 5:52 PM, Michael Collins <msc at freeswitch.org>wrote:
>
>> DING DING DING DING! We have a weener! :P
>> Look at line 3 of your pastebin:
>>
>> 2011-03-26 02:00:54.058641 [DEBUG] sofia.c:6466 IP 192.168.3.121
>> Approved by acl "domains[]". Access Granted.
>>

> Believe it or not, I SWEAR I was going to highlight that and point it out
> that my $${domain} was coming up empty and it didn't have anyway to know who
> was local and who wasn't. So then I added the line
>
> <node type="allow" cidr="192.168.3.0/24"/> under <list name="domains"> to
> "teach" it! But that didn't work either.
>

>> Your "domains" ACL is letting the call in, but is not "authenticating"
>> it so it's hitting the default context. If you absolutely want IP auth
>> then you need to go into each directory entry for each user you want
>> to have IP auth and add a tag like this:
>>
>> <user id="1000" cidr="192.168.3.10">
>>
>> The better way to go, IMHO, is simply to use digest authentication.
>> That way you don't have to worry about what IP address for what user,
>> etc. Just make sure that you change the SIP password to something
>> better than "1234" :)
>>

> Sorry, how do I make it do that? Doesn't it do that by default?
>

>> I answered this yesterday asking about the ACL. Granted it wasn't
>> within 10 minutes but it was a Sunday for me... ;)
>>

> Might have missed it :(
>

>> -MC
>>

> So bottom line, how do I fix this? like I kinda knew what the problem was,
> just wasn't sure and didn't know how to fix it :( If changing back to the
> original/default acl is the answer then why did this problem happen to begin
> with when I started out with a the basic default config that "make samples"
> spits out...hell I didn't even change the default pwd (don't worry this is
> running inside a VM and has no outside access) for registering the UAs. But
> when I had this issue, I started to much around.

Bloody hell! I moved the modified acl file and did a "make samples" again
and now it's going through the extensions in default context. Of course I
get a "502" back but, with other bizarre issues going on...coz of all the
hacky stuff I did to make it compile on Solaris 11, primarily coz it uses
the "mod_hash" application that didn't compile so I commented it out but now
it hangs up the call whenever that application is called in the dialplan.
Wonder if anyone will answer my other email which has my Solaris woes!

Thanks Michael and Jeff, I have no idea how, but you were right! I still
don't get why the default config didn't work the first time!