[Freeswitch-users] transcoding GSM with a high ptime

Dan Lane null at invalid.name
Fri Mar 25 22:22:18 MSK 2011

I need to do a bit more work on this before I have enough information
to submit a Jira but just on the off-chance anyone else has had this
issue:

We have handsets using GSM with 120ms ptime but when this gets
transcoded to something else (for example 20ms PCMU) the resulting
audio is choppy as though there was a timing error. We only experience
this with GSM, 120ms packets to 20ms transcoding between other formats
is fine.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've experienced it on git-e7acd4d
(our production kit) and f3c33c7 (due to become our next production
kit)

I'll continue to test it before submitting a Jira but I wanted to know
if it was just us experiencing this.

Regards,
Dan