[Freeswitch-users] mod_fifo and changing From header (RFC 4916 "Connected Identity")

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Mar 24 17:29:54 MSK 2011

Hi, if I understand correctly, mod_fifo works by calling initialy to
every agents. Later when an inblund call arrives, FS brigdes such call
into an existing call with an agent. This means that the agent's phone
uses the same SIP dialog for every inblund call to the queue. So, the
agent doesn't know the callerid number of each call.

For this, there is a RFC which provides dynamic From header within the
same dialog. Of course this requires the phone to support it, but it
will occur soon (I hope). The spec is RFC 4916 and basically means
that an endpoint of the dialog can send a re-INVITE or UPDATE within
an existing dialog containing a different From header. The negociation
of this feature is handled by common Supported/Require headers.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4916

Would it be useful to implement such feature in FS?

Thanks a lot.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>