[Freeswitch-users] unable to insert channel variable in new call leg w/in Lua script

elijah elijah at crankenstein.com
Mon Mar 21 21:50:44 MSK 2011

In a Lua script I instantiate a new call leg and (attempt to) insert a new
channel variable:

   local session = freeswitch.Session("user/1001 at stuff.com")
   if session:hangupCause() == "SUCCESS" then
      session:execute("export", "my_variable=" .. myVariable)
      session:transfer("ext_in_mycontext", "XML", "mycontext")

However, I am not able to retrieve my custom channel variable later. This
call leg is established correctly but there is no point in this call leg's
life where I can seem to find my variable. Is there another method by which
I should try to insert a channel variable in a newly created call leg?