[Freeswitch-users] No ringback/audio suddenly

Mark Campbell-Smith mcampbellsmith at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 13:30:45 MSK 2011

Hi!

I have an issue with no ringback or audio that has just started in the last
few weeks.  No changes in FS, which has been rock solid for a long time.  I
think my voip provider Pennytel has upgraded or changed their servers.

Anyway, the difference in signalling is as follows:

This does not work:
INVITE sip:number at sip.pennytel.com SIP/2.0
SIP/2.0 100 Trying
SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized
ACK sip:number at sip.pennytel.com SIP/2.0
INVITE sip:number at sip.pennytel.com SIP/2.0
SIP/2.0 100 Trying
SIP/2.0 183 Session Progress
SIP/2.0 180 Ringing
SIP/2.0 200 OK
ACK sip:202.85.243.105:5061 SIP/2.0
BYE sip:202.85.243.105:5061 SIP/2.0
SIP/2.0 200 OK

This works
INVITE sip:number at sip.pennytel.com SIP/2.0
SIP/2.0 100 Trying
SIP/2.0 401 Unauthorized
ACK sip:number at sip.pennytel.com SIP/2.0
INVITE sip:number at sip.pennytel.com SIP/2.0
SIP/2.0 100 Trying
SIP/2.0 183 Session Progress
SIP/2.0 200 OK
ACK sip:202.85.243.105:5061 SIP/2.0

And I see after the Ringing signal in the case that does not work (there is
no ringing signal in the case that does work):
2011-03-21 20:28:25.677621 [DEBUG] sofia.c:4641 Channel
sofia/external/0393011079 skipping state [proceeding][180] received after a
RINGING

Can anyone point me to a reason for the difference in signalling and what I
can do to get audio 100% of the time?

THanks