[Freeswitch-users] Understanding break="never" in condition-tag

Avi Marcus avi at avimarcus.net
Mon Mar 21 13:01:42 MSK 2011

<extension name="YLE">
	<condition field="destination_number" expression="^\*1105$"
break="on-false"/> <--if this is false, FreeSWITCH skips to the next
extension.
	<condition wday="6" break="never"/> <--The default "on-false" would
make FreeSWITCH move to the next extension, rather than evaluating the
next condition set.
	<condition hour="8-12" break="on-true"> <--Don't evaluate the next
condition set if this is true.
		<action application="transfer" data="1105 XML default"/>
	</condition>

	<condition wday="1-5" break="never"/>
	<condition hour="8-21" break="on-true">
		<action application="transfer" data="1105 XML default"/>
	</condition>

	<condition> <-- this is a catch all. If they didn't dial *1105, they
aren't here anymore.
		<action application="voicemail" data="default ${domain} 1105"/>
	</condition>

   </extension>

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Dmitry Bely <dmitry.bely at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Avi Marcus <avi at avimarcus.net> wrote:
> > NOTE: break "on-true, on-false, never" don't change the *condition*,
> merely
> > the *hunting*.
>
> If wday=1 and  hour=9, will transfer to 1105 be executed in your
> example? If you think it won't, why?

It will go to 1105 - from the second condition-group. But the first
condition-group fails. I'm pretty sure I've seen it in the logs work as I'm
describing..

> > You need ALL the conditions to match for freeswitch to do the action, and
> you can't
> > change that!
>
> I don't think so. If some condition evaluates to true, its nested
> actions are always executed no matter what preceded it. But of course
> the condition should be evaluated first, that's where various break
> values come into play.

No way - the dialplan is always run on a "match all conditions" to do the
actions! How else would multiple conditions EVER work?

This is a slight edge-case though - the on-true, on-fail, never.. they only
matter when you want MULTIPLE condition-groups within ONE extension. If you
specify your settings as multiple serial extensions, then this stuff doesn't
really matter...

-Avi