[Freeswitch-users] German voice prompts - missing exceptions in mod_say_de.c

Christian Benke benkokakao at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 01:09:40 MSK 2011

Hi!

Are there any other german voice-prompts available? The ones provided
by xpirio(http://freeswitch.xpirio.com/) have some flaws
unfortunately.

There's also a possible problem with the word "Eins"(one), as we need
3 different "flexions" of the word:
- Eine - e.g. in Voicemail for "one new message"(Female form)
- Einer - male form of "one" - i didn't see a use for it yet, but that
doesn't mean this case does not exist
- Eins - e.g. spelling of "1", this is the only form currently working
with type "items" in speech management

Additionally we have male, female and neuter versions of counted
numbers, this applies to all numbers, not just "one".
The english equivalent is "XXth", so we can cover one gender with the
h-XX.wav files. I'm not sure if female and neuter-versions of the
files are actually needed(Xpirio has recorded a neutrum-version of the
h-XX.wav files, but for e.g. say type "DATE/TIME" we would need the
male form)

I'm not a c-developer, so i might be wrong - but skimming through
mod_say_de.c i saw some exceptions, but not for these cases(Sorry in
advance if i'm wrong). Also i would not know how to tell the
"say"-application to use these special forms if they existed.

Is it possible to cover this/manipulate mod_say with "speech phrase
management"? Judging from the available documentation it seems not...

Other complications with german grammar might appear - i've just
started using the german sound-files today in the afternoon and tested
with voicemail mostly - but i would dig deeper and happily assist any
developer who wants to get his hands dirty - in real time via phone
and IM and 24h if needed(CET here).

Sorry again if i missed an existing solution, it's been a long day.

Best regards
Christian