[Freeswitch-users] [freeswitch] <defunct> when using cmd="exec" in freeswitch.xml

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Mar 14 23:24:13 MSK 2011

IIRC, 'fork' creates a child PID that stays around and waits for the parent
PID to die. (Don't quote me on that - wait for an expert to chime in.)

An alternative method would be to have a FS start script that launches your
make_my_vars.sh script and then launches FS with the appropriate cmd line
args. You could then drop the 'exec' cmd and then just keep the include
cmd.

-MC