[Freeswitch-users] inbound dtmf issue after upgrade

Kevin Raison raison at chatsubo.net
Sat Mar 12 01:44:49 MSK 2011

I upgraded a freeswitch setup from 1.0.4 to 1.0.6 yesterday, and also
upgraded my wanpipe drivers from 3.4.9 to 3.5.10.  I am using openzap
with a sangoma card.  Before the upgrade, the following stanza would
correctly send a caller to a mod_event_socket-based application that I
have running on another machine and that caller's dtmf would flow
through to the app:

<extension name="Kevin_test">
        <condition field="destination_number" expression="^XXXXXXXXXX$">
                <action application="set" data="ringback=${us-ring}"/>
                <action application="set"
data="transfer_ringback=$${hold_music}"/>
                <action application="bridge"
data="sofia/internal/5000 at prod.XXXXXXX.com"/>
        </condition>
</extension>

After the upgrade, everything but inbound dtmf works as it should, but
the only way that I can get inbound dtmf to work is by adding
	<action application="start_dtmf"/>
to the stanza.  This is not ideal and I would like to go back to not
using in-band dtmf if possible.

In my log files, I see absolutely no dtmf being registered when a caller
calls in.  However, if someone calls out from a desk phone and then
transfers the person that they called to
sofia/internal/5000 at prod.XXXXXXX.com, dtmf works just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Kevin