[Freeswitch-users] Internal extensions placing call on hold drops immediately

Mario G mario_fs at mgtech.com
Fri Mar 11 00:13:03 MSK 2011

I don't know when this started but was working fine at one time. If a call is made between extensions and either extension places the call on hold, it states "trying to hold". I installed the git from 3/9/11 before posting here. Could this be a Sofia problem (see FREEPBX comment) or something that FS needs to "setup" the phone to work since it works fine using a different PBX? Any help appreciated!

* The phones are Linksys SPA962
* If I plug the old SPA9000 in as a PBX hold works fine for the SPA9000 extensions, only FS has the issue
* All connected via HP Procurve 2520G switch
* Outside calls are also affected but this is still a problem even with the router  disconnected
* I can ping (ICMP) from FS to the phone and from anywhere to the phone

FS TRACE:
I started several FS traces: sip global,internal, log 9 console debug, etc. It looked like NOTHING was sent when the hold button was pressed.

WIRESHARK showed these messages stacking up when the hold is pressed
src 1.123.1.23 (phone)   dest 1.123.1.7 (FS)  Proto ICMP  Destination unreachable (Port unreachable)

Someone updated FREEPBX in FEB 2011 and had the same issue with SPA phones.
http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/users/spa-941-942-drop-call-when-placed-on-hold-also-have-to-click-submit-before-syste