[Freeswitch-users] SIP Trunk Registration

Kristian Kielhofner kris at kriskinc.com
Thu Mar 10 07:36:09 MSK 2011

Mark,

  FreeSWITCH will register providing the contact in the "extension"
field for the gateway entry.  Broadsoft (most likely) just strips the
username portion of the contact URI and inserts the destination number
for the remaining 99 dids.

  In short, populate the extension field in the gateway entry with the
"pilot number" and see what happens.

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Mark Holloway <mh at markholloway.com> wrote:
> Does FreeSwitch support single phone number registration for a Trunk Group?  For example, in Broadsoft Broadworks I can build a Trunk Group with 100 numbers but I identify one number as the Pilot Number.  I have a SIP endpoint (such as a Cisco ISR or Adtran TA900) that registers with Broadworks using the main Pilot Number only (Business Contact) so I don't have to register all 100 numbers.  It's like a parent-child relationship where the other 99 numbers are a child of the main parent (pilot) number.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Kristian Kielhofner