[Freeswitch-users] sip auth challenge HACKING ???

Mark Holloway mh at markholloway.com
Tue Mar 8 18:52:10 MSK 2011

A session border controller would solve your problem.  You can configure it so any IP that fails SIP authentication X number of times within X number of seconds/minutes will get "demoted" and no additional SIP messages will get through to Freeswtich.  You can set the hold-down timer on the SBC so the IP isn't demoted forever. Some refer to it as SIP DoS, DDoS, call it what you want, but this functionality is best handled by the SBC.